FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Friday, June 16, 2017
SANTA FE 3751 REDONDO TURNTABLE
NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY SESSON – JULY 15, 2017
The San Bernardino Railroad Historical Society (SBRHS), in cooperation with Amtrak, is excited to announce the chance to photograph Santa Fe 3751 at night on the original, Santa Fe Railway Redondo turntable inside Amtrak’s Los Angeles maintenance yard on the evening of July 15, 2017 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. During this session, the first formal session in the 18 years 3751 has been based out of Redondo, the locomotive will be staged in a variety of different poses both on and around the turntable during this rare opportunity to step inside Amtrak’s active maintenance yard.
As this session will begin at 7:00 p.m., photographers will not only have a chance to photograph 3751 during the night with lighting provided by professional railroad photographer, Steve Crise, but also in the beautiful, ‘golden hour’ light of sunset as the locomotive returns to the turntable from its Los Angeles Union Station display. If you’d like to see the locomotive during this display, click here to find out the details.
A total of 30 photographers will be accepted for this session as to allow the most working room for each photograph on the grounds of the turntable. Tickets for this session are set at $175, which includes a small BBQ meal, with every dollar going directly to the costs of our upcoming boiler inspection – slated to begin later this summer. This could very well be the final hours 3751 will be under steam for the next two years…so don’t miss out!
If you’d like to join us for this rare opportunity, email email@example.com with the following information:
– Your full name.
– Best phone number.
– Best email address.
– Confirm that you can mail your check, addressed to ‘SBRHS,’ to our PO Box by the morning of July 10, 2017. *If your check has not arrived in our PO Box by this time, we will be unable to allow you access and will make your spot available to someone on our wait list.
Our PO Box:
PO Box 2878, San Bernardino, CA, 92406-2878
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO REGISTERING FOR THIS SESSION:
1. All photographers will be required to sign a release of liability for the SBRHS and Amtrak to attend this session on Amtrak property.
2. As this is an active rail facility, all photographers will be escorted at all times.
3. If at any time a photographer proceeds into a restricted area, they will be escorted off the property.
4. The arrival time of 3751 at Redondo turntable following its departure from Union Station is subject to change as we strive to not impact revenue rail traffic.
We would like to thank Amtrak for their full support in allowing the SBRHS to offer this session to you on their property.